Let's Share Pictures

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Black Knight sweetpeas from the garden


I enjoy twitter and pinterest and facebook all for different reasons but my favorite social media neighborhood to hang out in is instagram. I love seeing these little snapshots of other people's daily lives. You can find me as "brialena" on instagram. 

My feed is predictably heavy on plants, food, and Boston Terriers. Hope to see you there!

 A cool apartment building in Sullivan's Gulch. Somebody is really into gardening here--there are really nice plantings in the front and a huge vegetable garden on the south side. And that color! It looked amazing with the Spring green euphorbia wulfenii.

 An American Elm planted in 1870 in downtown Portland near the art museum. Majesty. 

 First rose to bloom this year (and still going strong!)--my new climber Night Owl. 

 Sweetpeas and a fire--that's June in Portland. 

 Two flowers from the same plant--dahlia Lambada, purchased from Old House Dahlias.

 Dutch does not quite share Mugsy's passion for brussels sprouts.

 Sunday drivers out in the gorgeous gorge.

 Starface glads from Old House Gardens. Tropicalisimo!

 Last Summer's patio. It's fun having a record of the garden as it changes every year. I missed my mahogany nasturtiums this year.

 A highlight of early Spring is when I get to steal blooms from my neighbor's flowering quince.

 Just a bunch of Trader Joe's daffs in a silver cup. I'm getting excited for Spring looking at these!

 I live in a lilac forest, no kidding. If anyone wants any lilacs next season, just drop me a line.

Cherry blossom carpet spotted out walking the dogs in Grant Park.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bell and Star © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger